Whitemud's EnviroPozz metakaolin is processed from naturally occurring kaolin clay into a dry, off-white fine powder cementitious material that meets the criteria for a Class "N" natural pozzolan in accordance with both the CSA A3000 and ASTM C618 standards. As a supplementary cementing material (SCM), EnviroPozz improves the quality, strength, resistance to chemical attack, durability and environmental footprint of concrete and other cementitious based products.
EnviroPozz is a cost effective alternative when used as a singular SCM in a concrete mix or a cement blend design, but is equally effective when used in conjunction with other commonly used SCM's such as Fly Ash, Slag or Silica Fume.
For more great information on Whitemud's EnviroPozz, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page.
With up to 15% strength gains at cement replacement levels as low as 10%, including elevated early age strength development, EnviroPozz creates the strength you need, with less cementitious material.
As a highly efficient natural pozzolan, EnviroPozz can easily be incorporated into any cementitious design through the direct replacement of cement with minimum additional design considerations.
Through a reduction in porosity and an increase in strength, EnviroPozz blends are more durable than those using cement alone, providing additional chloride, ASR and SR mitigation properties.
In addition to the long-term performance achieved by products manufactured using EnviroPozz, our metakaolin is helping to build a greener future through a reduction of up to 90% CO2 emissions as compared to the manufacturing of Portland cement.
By supplementing your cement with EnviroPozz, you are able to capitalize on its performance related benefits, allowing for additional mix optimization and significant cost savings.
As a product that is 100% sourced and manufactured in Canada, our EnviroPozz provides the product supply security, and high standards in manufacturing that our customers expect and deserve.
Fly Ash: Sources of quality fly ash are being rapidly reduced as coal fired power plants are phased out across North America.
Slag: Less readily available versus other SCMs due to its elevated processing requirements.
Silica Fume: Very expensive and North American supplies are limited.
Metakaolin: A cost effective alternative with security of supply and excellent performance.
At Whitemud, we understand the importance of not only product performance, but product consistency. Our facility was designed to operate with those two very important factors in mind, while also including an in-house material testing lab.
Quality control measures are followed throughout the production process, from the initial mining phase, to the end product milling and handling. The result is a consistent product that our clients can count on from their product deliveries. EnviroPozz is a consistently dependable SCM.
Our corporate, experienced, materials technologist conducts numerous tests on a daily basis to ensure that our product meets the consistency and performance requirements necessary.
In addition, we have the ability to work with our clients to complete basic mix design evaluations through compressive strength blend testing.
Please reach us through our contacts page if you cannot find an answer to your question.
Metakaolin is classified as a Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM) and is categorized and tested as a “Natural Pozzolan” in both CSA and ASTM.
Yes. General Use (GU) Portland Cements have an approximate Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 800 kg CO2 equivalent, compared to EnviroPozz which is anticipated to be 100 kg CO2 equivalent.
EnviroPozz is a valuable cement replacement product used in all cementitious applications including ready mix and precast concrete, downhole cementing, soil cement stabilization, grouting, foamed concrete, etc.
Although EnviroPozz can be utilized as a stand alone SCM, it is not intended to be a complete replacement for fly ash. In fact, mix designs utilizing both fly ash and EnviroPozz show enhanced performance characteristics compared to that of fly ash alone.
Not completely. EnviroPozz can supplement the use of silica fume in most blend applications, however, some silica fume may still be required under certain high early strength mix scenarios.
Although there is not one standard loading rate, Whitemud and our clients have found that an 8% to 20% cement replacement shows the best balance of performance, finish-ability, and economics.
Yes. Due to EnviroPozz's elevated performance characteristics, you can reduce your overall cementitious requirements beyond the 1:1 replacement levels, yet still achieve targeted design strengths.
• Increased compressive strength. An increase of up to 15% over cement alone.
• Improved finish-ability and pump-ability. Mixes containing EnviroPozz take on a ‘creamier’ consistency and can be finished sooner, reducing finisher time and costs. These mixes maintain quality while being pumped longer/higher distances as pumping pressures are lower, which can also extend the life of high cost pumping equipment.
• Increased durability. EnviroPozz provides increased ASR and SR mitigation, as well as improved RCP performance at all test ages.
• Reductions in cracking and spalling. Concretes containing EnviroPozz show significant reductions in finish cracking, as well as reduced pop-outs and spalling.
• Efflorescence and Color. EnviroPozz reduces efflorescence in cured concretes, while providing an overall lighter color which can have architectural benefits.
Yes. EnviroPozz is transported, stored, and utilized similarly to that of other dry bulk or packaged cementitious materials.
• Water. The expected water demand will increase by approximately 0.5%, for each percent of cement you replace (i.e. 10% metakaolin use will lead to about a 5% increase in water demand).
• Strength Development. EnviroPozz is more reactive than cement, so you will need to consider delivery distances, and may require a set reducing admixture where applicable.
• Consistency. As a manufactured product, EnviroPozz is extremely consistent, meaning less on-going mix adjustments are required by the end user.